Information for foreign-trained paramedics and EMTs on becoming registered to practice in Ireland.
Note there are 3 divisions on the PHECC register: EMT, paramedic and advanced paramedic. To learn more about the different scopes of practice you should view the clinical practice guidelines
- Review Council policy and relevant Education and Training Standards - EMT, paramedic or advanced paramedic
- Read the application form and guidelines for the assessment of qualifications and information bulletin.
- Complete Form A (testimony of training and education) and forward to your training institute for verification.
- Forward Form B to your professional employer for completion.
- Obtain and submit the certified copies of evidence outlined in the application form and guidelines.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Review the checklist and ensure your application is completed correctly.
- Pay the fee via Electronic Payment System or by euro cheque, bank draft or postal order drawn on an Irish bank or post office. Cash will not be accepted.
- Post your completed application to: Recognition of Qualifications Section, PHECC, Abbey Moate House, Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
Please note that the process usually takes 3 months. This period may be extended by one month. Do not send original documents - only certified copies will be accepted. PHECC will not be held liable for loss or damage to original documents. Incomplete applications, missing documents or omitted fees will result in your application being returned.
If you have any further queries please contact email@example.com
Taken from http://www.phecit.ie/PHECC/The_register/Recognition_of_qualifications/PHECC/The_Register/Recognition_of_qualifications/Recognition_of_qualifications.aspx?hkey=13bb4b8e-aee0-4260-9344-5618288d2dda. Current as of September 22nd 2016.