The CFR Ireland #Respond2017 conference is on Sat 4th March at the Mullingar Park Hotel. It again promises to bring participants the unique mix of informative speakers, hands on workshops and networking which the national CFR conference has become known for.
The conference includes a keynote address from Professor Richard Lyon entitled: "Making the luck of the Irish - how to survive cardiac arrest".
Prof Lyon is a Consultant in Emergency Medicine in the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. He has won numerous international awards including the top research award from the European Resuscitation Council and is a current member of the Resuscitation Council (UK) Executive Committee and author of several international pre-hospital guidelines.
He completed a unique doctorate thesis on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) – the TOPCAT study – which has formed the basis of a successful programme of work to improve outcome from OHCA across Scotland
- Interactive Pit Crew CPR - Hands on - Get hands on practice performing Pit Crew CPR with NAS Paramedics & APs
- Patient assessment - Simple SAMPLE - Masterclass in assessing patients & NAS-CFR Communications/Telephone/Hand over
- Are children just small adults? CFRs treat paediatrics too, tips & pearls from an expert in the field.
- Garda Clearance - Accessing and completing Garda Clearance forms online.
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) – accessing the e-learning module & discussion of stress management in CFRs.
- Think twice before you post - Social Media Masterclass
- Looking after volunteers - Practical tips on recruitment, support, management and conflict resolution with volunteers
The valuable role that community first response schemes play around the country is truly appreciated by all frontline ambulance service personnel, and does not go unnoticed. The rapid response of CFRs to medical emergencies, not just cardiac arrests, can play a vital part is reducing the impact of these emergencies on the general public. There are almost 150 CFR groups linked with NAS at present. Visit www.cfr.ie for details of your nearest scheme and to book tickets for Respond2017.
The Irish College of Paramedics are proud to support our colleagues in CFR Ireland, and indeed in all CFR groups nationwide with their essential work. We would like to wish all involved a successful and enjoyable event this year!